Inside the Show Rings
The Saratoga Springs Horse Show is the first outdoor United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) Premier (AA) Hunter Rated and USEF Jumper Level 4 / 3 Rated Shows in the Northeast. Our Show Features Hunters, Jumpers, and Equitation classes held in three rings. The show has a long history here in Saratoga, operating continuously since 1961. Our 2017 show will be our 57th consecutive show.
During a week of competition, over $100,000 in prizes and awards are won by the competitors. This include a $30,000 Grand Prix on Saturday of the first two weeks and a $15,000 Open Jumper Classic event on the third competition Saturday.
Outside the Show Rings
Breakfast, lunch and snacks are available daily starting at 6 AM from our "J and J Grill" which features "Eddie's Edibles" during our lunch time. Exhibitors please join us for Free coffee and pastries each morning from 6:30 to 8:00 AM on show days.
Lunch items and other food items are prepared daily buy our chef (Eddie) and his volunteers and are available at "Eddie's Edibles" in the food tent starting about 10 AM each day.
Branded clothing (hats, coats, shirts, pants, etc.) and items (cups, glasses, key chains, lights, etc.) are available daily on show days in our "Things Saratoga" souvenir booth.
Vendors and Organization Displays
Vendors and local organizations will have tents and tables scattered around the show grounds to share their merchandise and information to any who visits with them. Typically this would include equine related merchandise, clothing, boots and accessories, product information, Saratoga area information, etc.
One of our favorite vendors is the Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream booth where there is always something good to eat.
Safety while at the Show
Because this show has many horses and equipment moving around the grounds at any one time, we ask that all spectators respect the horses and their rider and be aware of the equipment at all times. Safety for all can be improved by following a few simple rules:
- Please give the horse and their riders the right-of-way at all times.
- Please follow the guidance / direction of the NYRA security guards as they do their jobs of providing a measure of safety for both the horses on-site and the visitors and staff as well.
- Do not enter the areas where the horses are assembling and waiting for their time to compete.
- Do not attempt to pet a horse unless the handler first gives their ok.. Any attempt to pet or touch a horse is done so at the risk of injury and at the sole responsibility of the person attempting such an act.
- Be cautious of where you walk to avoid any road hazards or droppings.
- Seating is provided for the spectators on picnic tables and bleachers arranged in the spectator areas. Please use caution when using these objects.
- Do not play or run around on the bleachers and picnic tables.
- Do not play, run, or shout next to the competition rings or fences.
- Do not climb on any fence.
- Please take the time to dispose of any trash in the proper receptacles.
- The VIP tent is a reserved seating area. Please respect the areas of others by not entering the areas of reserved tables and chairs unless you have been invited to do so by the individuals that reserved that space. Spaces may be reserved at the Show Office.